Richie: Mac, to hell with the rules. We're immortals, who cares about the rules?
Duncan: Sometimes it's all we have.
-Highlander, “Under Color of Authority”
Grand News – I moved into the new house last night. Dad was over fixing a few last things and he helped me move over my essentials (bed, TV, microwave) so I could spend the night. I watched Highlander (adios, for now, Richie) while sitting on my vintage couch, and set up my stereo and got one of my new plates dirty. It’s so exciting, let me tell ya.
It’s recruiting time for SCWP, so this morning I got over a dozen e-mails from Katherine along “Send 10 brochures to Joe at this address…” lines. I also got an e-mail in that batch saying all of the mailings needed to be sent out today. Between compiling addresses, making labels (the printer was down for half an hour), copying letters, and stuffing envelopes, my first hours in the office disappeared. Now, with all the mailings sitting happily in the mail bag, I am temporarily caught up on my To-Do list.
Plenty of other stuff to do outside of the office though. Alas, this week promises much more work. I need to finish moving, start unpacking, write a few papers for class, read a few books for the same, and follow up on some things I told people I’d e-mail them. Mostly, the moving is what’s sucking the life out of my week, though. Yesterday was theoretically a “free” day since my babysitting was cancelled and I had no other commitments. However, it got devoured by doing laundry and moving. Egad, how can I have so much stuff? My English major condition is starting to show, I had to move three boxes of just books, and one of magazines. Fortunately, due to my lack of electronics, the entertainment center is primarily acting as a bookshelf.
It is a very good thing I’m not working at the bar this Friday. Along with all the moving I need to do, I still have to clean the old house before I’m done. I’m very glad the old house is small. The utilities need to be switched over, and half a dozen businesses need to be notified of my new address. Oh, I should probably go grocery shopping sometime soon, too. It helps to have food. Ugh.
This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Feeling Overwhelmed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment