Carly: Ali!!
Me: (From the other room) What do you need?
Carly: I can’t see you!
-Conversation, last night
I’ve been babysitting for this family for about eight years now, since the middle child was still in diapers and before the youngest (Carly, age five) was even an eye-twinkle. I’ve babysat her since she was a newborn and it makes for a different dynamic. The parents are out of town for a few days, so I’m staying over. Carly is being a bit clinging since she’s missing mom. Oi. As much as I like the family and the kids, spending that much time playing mom always emphasizes why I don’t want to have my own offspring.
When I mention children to Keith, his response tends to be along the lines of: “If you ever have a kid, I’m leaving you.” An interesting thing to say, since he says nothing about me cheating on him, which creates the assumption that the kid he’d dump me over would be his own. An interesting point, yes, but ultimately moot. Just goes to show that, for all that I love Keith, he’s a stubborn ass on some points.
Movie Review: Bruce Almighty. When I was a kid, I liked The Mask. Otherwise, I didn’t think about Jim Carrey much. Now that I’m older, I think even less about him, with the exception of The Majestic – a pretty decent, if ultimately forgettable, movie. Anyhow, going into Bruce Almighty I wasn’t sure what to expect. The idea of literally playing God is interesting, and Morgan Freeman plays the Big Guy in a great way, but there are annoying over-the-top moments where Carrey whips out his trade-mark Ace Ventura gags. Ugh. Still, he was toned down. Overall, a decent movie – though, like The Majestic, I don’t think it’ll stick in my head very long.
This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Kids & God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment