"Dirty Steve" Stephens: Damn good riding with you, Chavez.
Chavez: Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're all right...
-Young Guns
Here we are, almost at the beginning of Finals Week. It’s crunch time. I’ve got a 15 page paper to write (mostly from scratch) by Monday. Instead of writing it, what am I doing? Checking my e-mail, updating this blog, and getting ready to go to the store for Christmas presents. Hey, I still have two whole days before the paper’s due, I can procrastinate if I want to. The upside of this crunch? Once I finish the paper for Monday, I’m done. I’m giving the exact same paper to both of my professors. 1. I don’t want to put the effort into writing a paper just for my Lit. Crit. Class. 2. He likes the papers I’ve written for my other class better than those I write for him anyway.
I’ve come to the conclusion that, even without my campus job, four days at the bar in one week is a bad thing. Ugh. I still have to go back there tonight, too. Damn drunks. Damn drunks who don’t tip.
Word to the wise: If you have enough money to go out drinking, you have enough money to tip. Period. Otherwise – keep your ass at home.
I don’t bring drinks to the drunks for my health. I do it because the bar owners pay me only a few dollars an hour and anything else comes from tips. I can’t pay my bills on my hourly wage. I need tips. It’s that simple. Also, a reasonable tip is a dollar for the beer I bring you, or 15-20% of a tab. People who get a $20-$30 dollar round of drinks and give me a dollar piss me right the hell off. People who don’t tip at all make me want to be violent. You know why they don’t make eye contact when they’re stuffing my tip into their pocket? Because they know they’re being a Shit Head.
Last night, I had a table of four ladies. They paid for their drinks separately and while some tipped okay, others did not. They paid for the food together. $19.27 for the food. They set out $20.00 for me. One of them told me to keep the change. Like there was any fucking way I was bringing back change anyway. Bite me, Ho-bag.
See where the disgruntlement comes from? See why I’m going to college? See why I have an aversion to going to parties where I know people will be getting drunk? Any previous aversion I had to dumbass drunks was only strengthened by working at a bar.
Next week, fortunately, I’m only there two days. This is good. I probably won’t have to kill anyone.
Movie Review: Young Guns. Lots of names I know, like Keifer Sutherland. Weird to see them young. Otherwise, it’s pretty weak. I worked on a loomed bracelet for Julia while watching and looking away from the TV to focus on the beadwork was no big sacrifice. That said, it was kind of fun in a hokey way. Gotta love the obviously 80's score. The Billy the Kid plotline was interesting. Favorite character: Chavez.
This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Young Guns & Bad Tippers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment