This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Business Grammar

"No Shoe's
No Service"
Laundromat Sign

I did laundry today and was reminded, again, of what a snob I am. The English major in me has a hard time going to businesses that have mispelled or grammatically incorrect signs. However, this laundromat is the closest and I'm too lazy to be that ethical/snobbish.

Movie Review: The Omen. My guy and I were out and about the other day and stopped by the theater to watch this remake. I never saw the original, so I have no idea how it compares. The best part of this movie was the parts that make you jump. I'm no horror buff, but when something makes my guy jump too, I know it's caught people off guard. The timing for sudden attacks and that sort of thing was excellent. Otherwise, there seemed to be a lot of elements in the movie that just didn't make sense. Maybe the original did a better job of answering quesitons like, "What's the story with the priest's birthmark?"

No comments:

www.flickr.com