In preparation for setting up an etsy.com shop, I've been playing with my camera and various ways of photographing my jewelry. I've got earrings down just fine, now if only I can figure out something that works as well for necklaces. Of the batch I did, only one necklace came out a way I like.
Here are two earring photos, with two different backgrounds (tan stationary and the blank wall of my office).

An added plus with using a tall vase for the earrings is that it gets them right up near the light, which helps the finished picture quality.
2 comments:
The same thing I said about the necklaces and color goes for the earrings. I love what they're hanging on, but if you want drama in presenting them, think about different colored scarves as the backgrounds to highlight colors in the earrings.
I love the way this vase allows the earrings to dangle and lets us see every detail. I agree with mishell, though, about the color. I think complementing color in the background would bring out the color of the stones/beads. Go for drama.
Post a Comment