Giles: [inspecting an axe] “In addition to being ancient, it's clearly mystical.”
Buffy: “Yeah, I figured that one out when I King Arthured it out of the stone.”
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "End of Days"
The other day, I finished watching Buffy. The last episode (dum dum dum) and all that. It was strange because on one hand, it was all done very well, but on the other I didn’t have much emotional reaction to it. I think it boils down to the fact that after seven seasons, the main characters were too familiar to me. I already knew what they were going to do and so the suspense of it all was gone. Still, the grand finale was very fitting to the show’s mission and themes. Lots and lots of feminism, big scary monsters and comedy sprinkled all over it.
My big deal of the past few days though, is that I got my butt in gear and as of today (two days before the meeting) I’ve got my submission for the Writer’s Group all ready to go. Considering my more normal pattern of printing my submissions out the day of, and about an hour before, the meetings, this is an accomplishment. More importantly, since I just came off of my wonderfully time consuming class I was figuring this month’s submission might be a bit thin. Well, yesterday I spent a lot of time on the computer and added over 3,000 words all together to what I had up to then. Today I spent some more time on the computer and added another 1,000. Grand total: 5,300 words for this month. Considering most of my submissions average around 4,000 words, the fact that I beat my average this time, and did it in about two days, makes me very pleased with myself.
This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Super Girls
Posted by
Ali
at
2:06 PM
Labels: Dancing with the Dwende
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment