This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

My New Hero

"I always consider Salma [Hayek] for my projects, even for male roles."
-Robert Rodriguez

Excellent news. Wal-Mart (a.k.a. Devil-Mart according to my friend Julia) is currently carrying a box set of the Mexico trilogy for $15 and change. Whoo-hoo! Guess what's now sitting on my bookshelf?

El Mariachi is damn funny, especially with the commentary. A $7,000 movie where $6,400 was spent on the film itself and getting it developed. To the best of my knowledge, not a single one of the actors were paid and Carlos Gallardo, the Mariachi himself, actually paid money into the film (he was also co-producer).

Desperado switches up leads, putting in Antonio Banderas for Gallardo, though the latter makes a cameo. This movie makes me love Banderas even more than I ever did before, and that was a considerable amount. His facial expressions alone are enough to make me thrilled he's in the movie. Bonus points for Danny Trejo.

Once Upon A Time In Mexico is one I haven't seen for a while, thanks to end-of-the-semester chaos, I've yet to pull it out of my nifty box set yet. However, the combination of Rodriguez' film making, Antonio Banderas and Johnny Depp totally blew me away the first go-'round and now that I have the back story of the other two movies, I'm certain that my second time watching it will prove even more fun than the first.

Okay, so maybe I'd have to say that From Dusk 'Til Dawn sucked the big fat hairy one, but nobody's perfect, right? The best part is that Rodriguez has already, apparently, lined up not only Sin City 2, but also Sin City 3. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

www.flickr.com