This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cookies and an Anniversary

"Here, mom told me to bring these over to you."
-Casey

It's funny that one week later is harder than four days later. Then again, it makes complete sense. Four days after breaking up with Keith was just that. A week after is an anniversary. It has now been a specified unit of time since he gave me his key back and walked out of my house. A specified unit of time since I last saw him or spoke to him. Damnit, I was doing so well, and now it's hard again.

On the bright side, when my brother got into town, my mom gave him a package of farm cookies and instructions to deliver them to me right away. I think she wanted to get him to see me first thing so I could tell him the news. I have to say, the sympathy cookies taste very good. Farm cookies are in my top three cookie varieties, and I've never seen nor heard of them outside of the context of my family. They're like oatmeal cookies, except I guess the gal who created the recipe ran out of oatmeal, so she added cornflakes and coconut too. Mmm... Baked good aren't everything, but they help.

No comments:

www.flickr.com