"Hi, I'm John."
-John
You ever notice how sometimes there's suddenly a ton of people you know who all have the same name? Right now, I'm dealing with just such an occasion. Granted, a certain amount of John-ness is ingrained into my life just because of who my family is. John is the name of my dad, two uncles, and my brother's middle name. So, just starting out there are already four.
Plus, at the bar we have a few regulars named John and a bartender John. Then, in the Springs writing group there's another John. It's nuts. I'm going to have to start keeping track of which John I had which conversatio with, and which owes me money, etc. Ok, just kidding on that money one - unless there are any volunteers?
On the other hand, I only know one Camii. One Jenny. One Casey (though he had a gal in his grade with the same name, but she doesn't count 'cause I don't know her). One Oliver. The list goes on. Then again, once we get into the Daves, we end up with the same plethora phenomenon. Just counting the eight or so of us who work at the bar there's already two.
It gets a bit silly sometimes. Really. Reminds me of one year in elementary school when we had three Joseph's in one class. To make things easy, one became Joey, one stayed Joseph, and one became Tyler (and has remained Tyler ever since). Why do names run in streaks like this? It's a weird thing with aligning planets and such, and I can't quite figure it out. I just wonder which name will be in surplus next? Gisele?
This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.
Monday, July 23, 2007
A Plethora of Johns
Posted by
Ali
at
2:27 PM
Labels: Just Because
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment