I started thinking about vases, about how handy they are for jewelry pictures. Then I remembered the vase I got, filled with roses, for my birthday. It's got a big wide shape and I thought, "Hrm... could it work?" Take one wide vase, add a natural light desk lamp and a gray shirt, and this is what you get.




This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Thank Gosh for Vases
Posted by
Ali
at
6:28 PM
Labels: Beads, Photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, I dunno 'bout that. I think it's more fun when I scrounge something up from scratch :) 'Sides, more with the creativity stuff then too.
I think the vase works nice, but I'm not so sure about the color of the fabric covering it. It looks a bit green. I think you should experiment with different colored fabric, as well. You really want to hightlight the colors of the necklaces--make them pop. Just like black is best for highlighting diamonds (my neck works pretty good, too,) each color has another color that highlights it best.
again, I agree with mishell. the necklaces are so pretty and have such subtleties of color, but this fabric doesn't show it. In the top photo, for instance, the fabric seems to suck out that beautiful blue of the stones. Should I mention here that the jewelry is gorgeous?!
Thanks so much for your comments, Rebecca, and the compliment. In the end, I've opted not to use the cloth.
Like you guys say, it just doesn't show off the jewelry as well as it could.
Post a Comment