This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Losing My Mind

I've had busy semesters before. In fact, I've had busier semesters. Somehow, though, the specifics of this semester add up to result in a product where I am as absent minded as an Alzheimer's patient with ADD. It's quite terrible, I've gotta say. Today, I get a call from my dad.

Dad: We went to the video store today and they said they hadn't gotten back the one we lent you yet.
Me: The which one?
Dad: The one you picked up when you stopped by the house a couple days ago.
Me: Oh, crap. That one. It's still in my car.

I had, in fact, completely forgotten that the DVD even existed. I'm also having a remarkable inability to remember which day of the week it is. I wake up in the morning and, at least once a week, have to consciously remind myself of whether it's a day when my alarm is about to go off and when it's a day I can sleep in. This morning, for instance. I woke up and the first thought I had was something about what I was going to do in Comp. class today. Yes, today.

The frustrating part is that, for the most part, I'm someone who can hold things in their mind fairly well. I get lots of practice with that while I'm at the bar, and it's a skill that's leaked over a bit. Except for now. Now it's completely gone and I've become quite the scatter-brain. Ugh. Time to stop by the store and pick up a pack of post-it notes to stick on things like my front door, with notes like: Need wallet, and Car keys. 'Cause funny enough, Friday morning I walked out the house, and only realized I didn't have keys yet when I tried to lock the door behind me.

For the love of Steve, where is my mind and has anybody seen it?

No comments:

www.flickr.com