This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Stardust


Tristan: Excuse me, have you seen a falling star anywhere? We're in a crater, this must be where it fell.
Yvaine: Yeah, this is where I fell.

Movie Review: Stardust. I've been looking forward to this movie for such a long time that I was a bit worried I was going to be disappointed given that my expectations were so high and that Claire Danes was a lead. Little did I know, I needn't have worried.

On Friday I went to the first showing and plopped myself down to watch. Wow. Neil compares the movie to The Princess Bride, which is a good place to start. After all, there are pirates, a blonde chic and magic. However, there's also a fallen star, evil witches and a bit of cross-dressing thrown in for flavor. There's tons of humor, plenty of action, a decent love story, and a wonderful leading man, Charlie Cox. Add in Michelle Pfeiffer as a witch and Robert DeNiro as a sky pirate and viola! Great story telling, excellent script, fun costumes and settings, and one of the most creative sword fights I've ever seen at the end. This is one of the few movies I may have to see twice in the theater. I know that when it's on DVD, it'll be added to my sparse collection. Go see it. Now. Seriously.

2 comments:

Minion GIR said...

Absolutely! I saw it Saturdy morning and am going back Thursday with a friend. I have to say that when I saw the photos of Charlie Cox I thought, "Okay, a good look for the kind of doofey Tristan at the beginning." But, wow, he won me over by the end. What a cutie!

A fun, funny, action-adventure, fairy tale. With cross-dressing. What more could you want from a summer flick?

Ali said...

Lol. Exactly! It's funny, too, how much difference a haircut can make...

www.flickr.com