This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.

Monday, August 20, 2007

The Weekend of Much Eventfulness

"Thank God."
-Me, internal thought (but really, what's an external thought?) upon seeing the box full of copies of the nightmare anthology

Yup, the books came in. I went to an SCWP leadership meeting on Friday to help take notes, and I spotted the box almost as soon as I walked in. What a relief. There are no more problems to fix, no more edits to do. The book is completely done. As an added bonus: it looks really good. I'm so happy at how they turned out (not to mention relieved). Katherine's also happy with the result, which makes me happy 'cause she's my boss. It's always good to make the boss happy :)

Saturday was also eventful as that was the day of my just-for-the-hell-of-it-party. I woke up much too early in the morning, especially after working at the bar until 2:00 a.m., because of the feeling that I had a lot to do. I'd already done most of my cooking in advance, so I had pasta salad, bread, and spinach and artichoke dip all ready to go. I still had plenty of veggies and a pineapple to butcher, and a bit more cleaning. So, I got to work.

Fast forward and people start arriving, including my brother who made it after all. Fast forward again, and it's 2:30 a.m. and the last two people are leaving. Despite the sleep deprivation, I'm very, very glad I did it. It was very good to have a handful of my favorite people filling up the house, even if I did get more than my share of ribbing. I guess that's part of being the host - getting ganged up on. Oh well, I tried to pass it around as much as I could and Mishell even stuck up for me, much to the disappointment of those picking on me. So now I have a fridge full of leftovers, including a dozen ears of corn that got grilled and no particular idea what to do with them, and the thought that maybe I shouldn't wait another year to do it again.

No comments:

www.flickr.com