I’ve been a monstrous slacker on Netflix reviews lately, so here I hope to rectify the situation with a three-for-one deal.
Justin: You always knew what was inside of me.
TV Review: Carnivale. I’ve had people recommend this one to me for a while, so I moved it up in my queue and now I’m mostly through Season One. Wow, it’s really good stuff. The mysticism/eeriness is expertly played and they stretch out the mysteries, solve enough to give some closure, and introduce new ones to figure out in an accomplished pacing. Excellent characters all ‘round, and Nick Stahl is especially wonderful. The neat part is how none of the characters is completely likable, and yet they’re all very lovable – not in any kind of cutesy way, but in a make you care about them despite yourself way. Go watch this one. Now.
Aeryn Sun: She gives me a woody. [no one says anything] Woody. It's a human saying. I've heard you say it often. When you don't trust someone or they make you nervous, they give you...
John Crichton: Willies. She gives you the willies.
TV Review: Farscape. A friend introduced this to me when it was originally playing on Sci-Fi (she taped the episodes for me ‘cause I didn’t have cable) and now I’m going through it in order. It’s totally as fun as I remember it. Fun Sci-Fi that doesn’t have replicators, and in which money is actually an issue. Hoorah! Of course, Ben Browder (John Crichton) is pretty much worth it just for him. Add to that the novelty of the human being the alien, and you’ve got a show that’s definitely worth some time.
Movie Review: Japanese Story. Um. Yeah. One of those movies that would have benefited by a strict edit. As much as I like Toni Collete, this one made me relieved when it was finally over. High point: seeing the Australian country side. Low point: most of the plot was excruciatingly slow and ultimately boring.
This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Freaks, Aliens, and Culture Shock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment