This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Let's Go Fishing

Jack Lucas: I don't mean to be flippant or to enrage you or anything, but you're a psychotic man.
Parry: I know.
Jack Lucas: A very nice psychotic man.
Parry: Thank you.

Movie Review. The Fisher King. After watching The Big Lebowski I was a bit wary to venture into another Jeff Bridges movie, but I'm definitely glad I did. Bridges plays a Howard Stern-ish radio DJ whose words urge a listener to shoot nearly a dozen bar patrons and then himself. Years later, a now-pathetic Bridges happens upon the husband of a woman who died in the shooting and who is now a mentally troubled homelss man, played by Robin Williams. Great acting, and I love the incorporation of mythology into the modern story. Awesome stuff all 'round, and I absolutely recommend it. You'll never think of nudity and Central park in the same way again...

Parry: Come on. Free up the little guy. Let him flap in the breeze.

No comments:

www.flickr.com