This is a collaborative blog. Well, let's face it, they all are. But, specifically, this one's a collaboration between me, my friend Camii, and sometimes my brother. Here you'll find waitressing stories, bar quotes, movie reviews, and the occasional cake.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

An End in Sight?

Yesterday I found out that I'll be a teaching assistant in the spring and fall. Among other things, this means a tuition waiver and a stipend. In essence, I'm gearing up to start a new job in a couple of months. With a new source of income (even if said income is far from large) I can, in theory, quit my job at the bar. That prospect makes me happy, though I hesitate to quit entirely. After all, it's money. Still, limiting myself to weekends only, or being on stand-by to fill in when someone wants time off could be a good compromise. I'll still have a little extra money, but without the same amount of bar wenching.

Unfortunately, this means that, come mid-January, I'll have far fewer bar quotes and stories. Sorry to everyone who likes 'em, but a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do.

2 comments:

Nicole in RI said...

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

But, okay, this sounds pretty great for you.

Still, nooooooooooooooooo!

Minion GIR said...

I'm happy that you have a new job, but it makes me sad, too. Like opening Miss Snark's website and seeing "And Then We Came To The End".

www.flickr.com